Monday, December 1, 2014

Dancing with the Winter Blues

Wow.  I have been on such a roller coaster of emotions lately.  I know winter can sap your energy and some of your happiness, unless of course you love the cold! (I have a few crazy friends like that)  The thing is, I am usually not one who can stay unhappy for long, even if things are not on the up side.  But I feel myself staying in this state more often and I don't like it.  I hope I can pull out of it soon, and I would be grateful for any positive energy or prayers you have to spare.

I won't be posting any pics today, but I have been working a little on my projects, and I am happy to report that the red bag with the white stripes is nearly finished!  And I think the liner is going to turn out okay.  At least, not horrible for one of my few attempts.  I just don't know how visible the thread is going to be from the outside.  The thread is a reddish orange, which matches the liner almost perfectly.  But, the yarn I used is definitely a full on RED! I may have had a red hiding around here, somewhere, but I failed to think about going to look for it before I started this portion of the sewing... sigh.  I know it is there and different, so I see it perfectly.  I just hope it isn't very noticeable, or that it is not an issue when I sell it.  OOOH! I did positive!  I said "when" not "if"! That is surprising considering that is one of the things that is bringing me down.  I don't have a lot of items in my etsy shop, nor do I have the money to really advertise it, so I hardly ever get any sales.  Sometimes it makes me feel like I am not good at making things that people would be interested in buying...

Okay, this has been a bit therapeutic, so that's good.  I gotta get to work now... I am super late for the second day in a row. Sigh.  I will definitely have some photos for you next time.  And it will be of finished products as well as some other items I am working on.  Have a great day, everyone, and don't let the winter get you down, if you can! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment